Well this week went quickly, partly because I was super busy catching up from vacation last week and partly because I got some quality girlfriend time on Tuesday AND Thursday evening. Hanging out with the girls always makes Seth’s absence easier
This weekend we are meeting with our florist to go over bouquets and table arrangements since I change my mind 50 times/week. Hopefully she’ll bring her patience on Sunday! Also, I need to start looking for dresses for my shower. It’s coming up, eeek!
Here are some of my fav links from around the web this week, hope you enjoy!
- Favorite Dessert Post: This chocolate banana pudding from Gingerbread Bagels. Oh my. I’m usually not a pudding fan at all-something about the texture. But I think the ‘Nilla wafers and bananas in this would totally overcome the texture of the pudding. And what’s not to love about a dessert that requires no baking and includes bananas + chocolate?!
(Photo from Gingerbread Bagels)
- Favorite Healthy Food Post: This white bean and sundried tomato hummus from The Diva Dish. I find myself bookmarking many recipes that Ari posts, but this one caught my eye because it would be the perfect way to trick my body into consuming more vegetables! And now that I finally have my hands on some Tahini (thanks Amazon!), I am putting it on the menu for this week.
(Photo from The Diva Dish)
- Favorite New-To-Me Blogger: Lately I find myself more and more looking forward to reading Janeetha’s posts over at Meals and Moves. Her style of writing is so personable, she introduces me to new products (like PB2 and Plant Fusion Protein Powder) and she motivates me to try different workouts. I wish I could go to Blend Retreat next weekend to meet her in person!
- Favorite Must-Try: Okay so this really could have been categorized under “healthy” but I’ve been DYING to try breakfast quinoa and Jessica’s recipe looks awesome. I mean you can’t go wrong with coconut milk, cinnamon, toasted pecans and bananas. I love the texture and chewiness of steel cut oats so I feel like I would love quinoa lightly sweetened like this for breakfast. And talk about a healthy way to start the day! Fiber + Protein = a win in my book.
(Photo from How Sweet Eats)
- Favorite Wedding Post: I’m in love with these “themed basket” gift ideas from the Heart Love Weddings blog. I mean, how cute is this couch potato themed basket??!
Or, for a more practical idea, this laundry themed basket:
Most people register for a majority of the “bigger” things in these baskets, but the cute little accents like a tub of popcorn or a box of dryer sheets bring the whole thing together. I can’t wait to get creative with my own gifts as more of my friends continue to get married!
Enjoy your weekend, see you Monday!