Hooray for Friday and another beautiful weekend ahead! This 70 degree, low-humidity weather is my favorite because we don’t have central air in our apartment so it’s perfectly warm without being too hot! We don’t have a whole lot planned other than going to our wedding venue to check out the set-up for a wedding they are having on Saturday. I can’t wait to see what it looks like decorated and ready to go!
Here are some of my favorite posts from around the web–there was lots of good stuff this week! Enjoy
- Favorite Dessert Post: These cookie dough filled cookie cups that Shelly posted. I mean, who in the world doesn’t love the taste of raw cookie dough?! She had the genius idea to bake a cookie cup and then shove more egg-less raw cookie dough into it. Amazing.
- Favorite Meal Post: This spicy coconut shrimp with brown rice that Bev posted. My new favorite thing, besides roasting strawberries, is cooking everything in light coconut milk. SO GOOD, trust me on this. Bev proclaims her love for it as well in this post. Can’t wait to give this recipe a try.
(Photo from Bev Cooks)
- Favorite Recipe Roundup: This chicken roundup that Lori posted over on RecipeGirl. I’m sure I’m not the only one out there who is constantly looking for new and fun ways to cook chicken. It’s the most affordable meat and it’s super healthy, so we eat it probably 4 nights a week, but it can get boring FAST. She gives ten great recipes from her own site plus a few links from other’s blogs. I’m especially excited to try out this apricot balsamic one. Thanks Lori!
(Photo from Recipegirl.com)
- Favorite Fitness Post: Gina’s post on ten different variations of the plank. I love how she gives options so that it’s harder to get bored, and I also thought it was interesting that we should only hold our planks for ten seconds because after that point, you start to use other muscles rather than just your core. She suggests holding a plank for ten seconds, resting for 3 seconds, and repeating as often as you can.
(Photo from The Fitnessista)
- Favorite Wedding Post: This cherry blossom flanked fireplace on the Style Me Pretty blog. I just love cherry blossoms, I can’t help it. I know they aren’t in season in October (sigh) but my bff is getting married next May and is looking at pink flowers, so hopefully she’ll be lucky enough to incorporate them into her special day.
(Photo from Style Me Pretty)
Have a great weekend, see you Monday!