Happy Holiday Weekend! I’ve been waiting for this day since….January 1st. It’s been a long time comin’. Seth and I are headed to the beach to visit my dad. I’m sure there will be plenty of fishing (him) and sunbathing (her). Just downloaded a new book on my Kindle so I’m ready to go!
Hope you enjoy this wonderful collection of posts
- Best Dessert Post: These butterfinger caramel bars from Cookies & Cups. No bake treats are my jam, especially since my kitchen isn’t air-conditioned (I know). And butterfingers are so delicious, so I’m not sure how these bars could be anything but spectacular.
(Photo from Cookies and Cups)
- Best Savory Dish: These sweet potato quinoa cakes with blackberry salsa that Jessica posted at How Sweet Eats. I eat sweet potatoes and quinoa on the reg, so I’m pretty excited about this recipe. And everything is better with a little fruit salsa, right?!
(Photo from How Sweet Eats)
- Best Healthy Recipe: This chocolate protein cake that Gina posted at Running To The Kitchen. Chocolate is something I pretty much need every night of my life so I’m excited to try out a recipe that has chocolate AND ten grams of protein.
(Photo from Running To The Kitchen)
- Best How-To: Michelle’s post on how to make the perfect salted caramel sauce. Caramel and I are not friends. Very rarely is it the taste and consistency that I want when I’m finished cooking it, so I can’t wait to try her easy method!
(Photo from Brown Eyed Baker)
- Favorite Wedding Post: I get so excited when I see real weddings that have candelabras similar to what we are using. I love seeing how it actually looks on the tables! This couple did a beautiful job surrounding them with flowers.
(Photo from Style Me Pretty)
Have a wonderful holiday weekend, see you Monday!